Dave Remmer and Adam Gallant, two of my colleagues from Microsoft Canada’s Developer and Platform Evangelism team, are hosting a series of webcasts aimed at enterprise application developers, architects and managers on Tuesdays from March 23 through April 27th.
Here’s what the series is all about:
With IT being an increasingly vital strategic asset and business enabler in organizations today, we all need to strive for excellence in execution in the IT projects we’re leading. There are a number of different ways to help create this excellence; so they’ve put together six, one-hour webcasts to give you our perspective on how to help make it happen. Starting with the ALM [that’s short for Application Lifecycle Management – Joey] foundation of successful project delivery, they’ll look at architectural patterns for the web, for building secure solutions, for leveraging the cloud and client devices, for IT governance and operations, and finish up with real life stories from experts who’ve done it before. At the end of the series, they hope that you will gain new insights how to help increase business value and agility through IT by having a better understanding of how to leverage the Microsoft platform and toolset.
Here are the individual webcast episodes and their dates and times. To register for a webcast (and yes, registration is free), click on its title:
- Excellent Project Delivery: ALM Bread and Butter Principles
Tuesday, March 23, 12:00 p.m. Eastern / 9:00 a.m. Pacific
- Building Excellent Internet & Intranet Solutions on the Microsoft Platform
Tuesday, March 30, 12:00 p.m. Eastern / 9:00 Pacific
- Preventing Excellent Hacks: Understanding the Security Development Lifecycle
Tuesday, April 06, 12:00 p.m. Eastern / 9:00 a.m. Pacific
- Cloud Excellence: Building Solutions for 3 Screens Leveraging Services
Tuesday, April 13, 12:00 p.m. Eastern / 9:00 a.m. Pacific
- Organizational Excellence Through Governance and Building for Operations
Tuesday, April 20, 12:00 p.m. Eastern / 9:00 a.m. Pacific
- How I Achieved Excellent Results and Lived to Tell About It – Expert Panel Discussion
Tuesday, April 27, 12:00 p.m. Eastern / 9:00 a.m. Pacific