Windows Phone 7 is coming soon, and we’re holding a couple of full-day workshops to show you its underlying architecture, walk you through its development frameworks, show you how to build apps with Visual Studio Express and sell them in the Marketplace, and then hold a codefest – and yes, it’s free-as-in-beer to attend!
We’re holding two of these workshops, which Yours Truly along with Paul Laberge and Jamie Wakeam will be co-hosting:
- In Mississauga, Ontario (at Microsoft Canada’s headquarters) next Wednesday, June 23rd
- In Richmond, British Columbia (at the Microsoft Development Centre) next Friday, June 25th
Here’s the agenda:
|8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.||Check-in, registration and refreshments|
|9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||Session 1
- Introducing Windows Phone 7 and the user experience
- Selling your apps in the Marketplace
- The Windows Phone 7 architecture
|10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.||Break|
|10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.||Session 2
- Building Windows Phone 7 apps with Silverlight
|11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.||Session 3
- Building Windows Phone 7 games with XNA
|11:45 a.m. – 12:00 noon||Q&A|
|12:00 noon – 5:00 p.m.||Lunch, followed by the Coding Challenge
Bring your laptops, form a team and try your hand at building a Windows Phone 7 app or game in an afternoon!
|5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||Coding Challenge Results
Teams will present their apps, one will be selected as the Coding Challenge Champ and will a prize, and we’ll wrap up the day.
Want in on these workshops? As I said earlier, they’re free – just click the links below to sign up:
- Click here to register for the Mississauga Windows Phone 7 workshop (Wednesday, June 23)
- Click here to register for the Richmond Windows Phone 7 workshop (Friday, June 25)