SmartBlog on Restaurants is really aimed at the restaurant industry, but the advice it offers in its article Managing your reputation online is a never ending story applies to online shops as well. Online reviews and social media are said to be surpassing search for reviews, and more and more people are consulting their phones when making purchases. Your online reputation is an asset, and the article offers these five tips to maintain it:
- The best defense is a good offense. If you’re on the defensive, actively go and find out what the problem is.
- Don’t beat around the bush. Seek feedback as soon as possible so you can address any problems quickly.
- Pay attention to the grapevine. Listen for when customers talk about you.
- Extend your hospitality outside your dining room. Or in the case of ecommerce, outside your shop. You’re already online; use it to communicate with your customers!
- “But you don’t have to take my word for it…” Quote your customers, especially when they talk about you online but off your site. Those quotes are more “real”.