Discount Code for iOS in Practice, Hello! iOS Development and HTML5 in Action
When you are building an iOS app, you want more than basic concepts—you want real answers to practical problems. You want iOS in Practice.
This book distills the hard-won experience of iOS developer Bear Cahill into 98 specific iOS techniques on key topics including managing data, using media, location awareness, and many more. And the sample apps are wonderful! As you pull them apart, you’ll see two things: experienced app development and creative design savvy in action.
- WhereIsMyCar drives you through maps, CoreLocation, and camera access.
- PlayMyLists tunes in on settings, audio, and shake detection.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors explores networking, voice, in-app purchase, push notification, and invitations.
- Examples written for iOS 6 using Xcode 4.5.
Written for readers who know the basics of Objective-C and are interested in practical app development.
If you order the book online and use the discount code dotd1023cc, you can get the ebook version of iOS in Practice for a mere US$20 (a $15.99 savings off the regular price). You can also use this code to save 45% off these books:
Lumia 510, Nokia’s New Low-End Windows Phone
Here’s a video featuring Nokia’s latest smartphone, the Lumia 510, a phone for the budget-conscious shopper. Here are its features:
- 800 MHz Qualcomm processor
- 256 MB RAM
- Windows Phone 7.5, upgradeable to Windows Phone 7.8
- 4″ screen, 480 * 800 resolution
- 5-megapixel camera at rear, no front-facing camera
Samsung Galaxy Note II
The Samsung Galaxy Note II, a 5.5″ device that lies somewhere between phone and tablet, goes on sale in the U.S. on November 9th at AT&T and tomorrow, Wednesday, October 24th at T-Mobile. It will retail for $300 with a two-year contract.
Today’s Apple Event Will Be Streamed