- When beer magnate Freddy Heineken was kidnapped, they ran a story titled No Deposit, No Return.
- When New York Governor Eliot Spitzer was linked to a prostitution ring: Ho No.
- On the possibility of a “Deep Impact”-style collision of a cosmic object with Earth: Kiss Your Asteroid Goodbye.
- When Newsweek retracted its story about the interrogation tactic of flushing copies of the Qu’ran down the toilet: Holy Shiite.
- A famous one from 1982: Headless Body in Topless Bar.
So when you read the Fear Grips Google story in the Post, you should remember that tech really isn;t their forte and that you might want to take it with a grain of salt. I think Search Engine Land sums it up best:
Still, the graphic accompanying the Post’s article, Fear Grips Google, is amusing: