I’ve talked about Smashing Magazine’s Smashing HTML5 and Introducing HTML 5, and now I’m going to talk about a couple of easy reads that should be part of your library: HTML5 for Web Designers and CSS3 for Web Designers, two books published by A Book Apart, the book-publishing wing of the must-read site A List Apart (and seriously, if you build websites and it’s not one of your regular reads, bookmark it now).
HTML5 for Web Designers boils down the opaque and obtuse 900-page HTML5 spec into a clear and easy-to-read 85 pages that capture the intended spirit of the original document without getting bogged down in the minutiae (and oh, is there a lot of it). If you need to get from zero to “getting” HTML5 in the quickest way possible, this is the book for you!
Each book is available as:
- Paperback for USD$18.00 plus shipping
- Ebook for USD$9.00 (PDF, ePub and mobi formats)
- Paperback/ebook bundle for USD$23.00 plus shipping
And both books are available as a bundle, and they make an excellent combo. Better still, you save 15% by ordering them as a bundle:
- Paperback bundle of both books for USD$30.00 plus shipping
- Ebook bundle of both books for USD$15.00 (PDF, ePub and mobi formats)
- Paperback/ebook bundle for both books for USD$38.00 plus shipping
Get these books, learn and start cranking out some standards-compliant websites!