There’s nothing like word of mouth to drive customers to your doorstep. Consider the following:
- Over three out of four shoppers read reviews before purchasing online (Jupiter Research).
- Over one-third of shoppers say that reviews are the biggest influence on consumer electronics purchases (BIGresearch).
- According to Internet Retailer, user reviews can increase conversion rates by as much as 75%.
If you run an online shop, you’d do well to harness the power of word of mouth, and Yotpo, one of the apps in Shopify’s App Store, is a great way to do this. We talked with Yotpo co-founder Tomer Tagrin about his company’s app and we’re sharing what he told us in this article.
What does Yotpo do?
Yotpo is the first social micro-reviewing app. It enables your customers to read reviews from his/her friends and provides a quick and elegant way for them to write social reviews through the your shop. Our app uses patented software to build a social graph of your customers and provides social data on your top customers and leverages it to to increase your sales and customers’ experience.
What are Yotpo’s key features?
Yotpo’s key features are:
- Builds a social report on your customers, improving sales and engagement.
- Enables customers to read and write reviews using their social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Foursquare.
- Provides an analytics tool for each reviewer, which draws customers to come back to your shop and check their reviewer analytics regularly.
- Improves your shop’s SEO using social data.
- Builds a social graph of your shop’s the site social graph of customers.
- Full customization capabilities.
- Stays in touch with your customers: after making their purchase each customer is automatically emailed and invited to review the items he/she bought.
Why should shopowners use Yotpo?
If you’re looking to make more money, Yotpo is for you! Yotpo gives your shop an easy, beautiful social review system to engage your customers, bring them back and buy more.
If you want to get a clear view of your shop’s top customer, Yotpo is for you! It establishes the social graph of your shop’s customers and lets you know who your top customers are.
If you want to give your customers a reason to come back, Yotpo is for you! Yotpo entices customers to make return visits to check their reviewer analytics.
Tell us a little about yourself.
Yotpo is an 8-person machine based in Tel Aviv. We’re divided into R&D, sales, marketing and customer service and got an $800K investment in early 2011. We’re big believers in providing quality content to our customers. Check out our blog; we have even an article from Shopify’s CEO!
We’re going to disrupt the way users read and write reviews. We’re working on taking reviews into the social space by both providing e-commerce sites a true social solution and by building customers a fun, influential way to read and write reviews. We’re working on being a cross platform solution for shopowners and customers.
Where did you get the idea for Yotpo?
Me and my co-founder Omri got the idea from just being internet shoppers. We were frustrated with the way reviews worked on ecommerce sites. Many of them carried very cool products that I wanted to review but the writing process was bad — really bad.
We wanted to enable customers to write social reviews and influence their social graph. We also talked to many online shopowners saw that they weren’t using reviews to establish a true social graph of their store.
If you think about it, the review space isn’t all that different from the social netowrking revolution. Yotpo is just that: a true social, fun and influential way to read and write reviews among friends.
Where can I find out more about Yotpo?