It’s Friday! If things slow down where you work, you might enjoy these videos on the mobile industry and mobile tech; if things don’t slow down, you might enjoy these over the weekend. Enjoy!
How mobile technology could shape the consumer goods sector in the future
What’s the first thing you reach for when you wake up? For a lot of people, myself included, it’s my mobile device (sometimes it’s one of my phones, sometimes it’s my tablet). 77% of the world’s population have a mobile phone, and it’s changing everything, including consumer goods. This video is a narration-free “moving infographic” that presents some stats about the mobile industry, and how it’ll affect consumers and the consumer goods industry, all to a peppy dance beat.
Why mobile technology may well define the future of healthcare… for everyone.
A quick look at mHealth — that is, the delivery of healthcare services through mobile devices — and how quickly it’s moving from concept to reality.
Talking Tech with Consumer Reports at CES 2014: Smart phones, tablets & wearable tech
Here’s something a little longer: Consumer Reports talks about the mobile tech they saw at CES 2014 — the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
PocketNow Weekly #81: Lenovo eats Motorola, Galaxy S5 leaves fingerprints, Ryan Negri drops by
Love mobile tech? Got a couple of hours to kill? Maybe want some ear candy on in the background? Then you want to listen to The PocketNow Weekly podcast, episode 81, which covers:
- Lenovo’s acquisition of Motorola from Google
- Galaxy 5S speculation, including a possible fingerprint sensor
- Nokia’s plan for Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next month
- Pebble’s app store
- Samsung’s augmented-reality wearable headgear
- Ryan Negri, CEO of Negri Electronics, talks about starting a wireless retail company from the ground up, wearables, and carriers playing with smartphone pricing