Because I was laid off and not fired from my former place of employment, they’re taking me out for a farewell dinner on Tuesday night. It’s a nice gesture on their part, and I appreciate it greatly.
I’m allowed to choose the restaurant, and I must let them know my choice by Monday, October 6th. The problem is that I’ve just got too much on the brain and need help picking a place. If you’ve got suggestions, I’d like to hear them!
- It should be within easy walking/transit travel of Queen and Spadina (that’s where the office is)
- My guess is that there will be about 10 people total.
- There will be drinking. A lot of it. At least 2 two rounds of “Irish Car Bombs”, too.
- It can’t be terribly expensive (which means that Nota Bene is off the list).
- The usual office after-work hangouts are Wayne Gretzky’s and Jack Astor’s. While perfectly serviceable, I’m looking for alternatives.
- The Pickle Barrel is not eligible.