Demo Day is the day when the student developers at Tampa Bay’s home-grown coding school (and more — see below), Suncoast Developers Guild, take their capstone projects — full applications that demonstrate what they learned during their intensive 13-week program, shown below…
…and demonstrate them to an audience of local tech companies, engineers, and supporters of the tech community. It’s open to the public, and it’s your chance to see first-hand what their graduating developers have learned and made, get to know them, and hopefully, hire them.
If you’d like to attend, it’s happening Friday, July 19, 2019 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Suncoast Developers Guild, located at 2220 Central Avenue in St. Pete. Admission is free, and there is 2-hour free parking in front of their campus.
Suncoast Developers Guild is more than just a coding school. It’s also:
- A space that serves as a hub for developers and techies on the St. Pete side of Tampa Bay,
- home for a number of local techie meetups and gatherings,
- the organizer and sponsor of a lot of the Tampa Bay tech community’s activities and get-togethers,
- the people behind the Suncoast Developers Guild Slack, the de facto Tampa Bay online grapevine,
- and most importantly, the social heart and soul of the tech scene on the St. Pete side of the Bay.
Suncoast Developers Guild has given so much to the Tampa Bay tech scene, and as local techies, it’s only fair to give a little back. If you’ve got the time, please attend Demo Day on July 19th, support the latest cohort of students, and give SDG some love! I plan to attend, and I’ll see you there.