- Bridge Builder: “An individual in the community who is dedicated to building a radically connected tech ecosystem, whether through philanthropy, thought leadership or a commitment to social causes.” The nominees are:
- Evan Brenner, Geographic Solutions
- Brian Kornfeld, co-founder and President, Synapse
- Suzanne Ricci, Executive Director, Computer Coach
- Emerging Tech Leader of the Year
- Erik Maltais, founder and CEO, Immertec
- Kate Dalley, Director of Product Development, PowerChord
- Samyr Qureshi, co-founder and CEO, Knack
- Tech Leader of the Year
- Balaji Ramadoss, founder and CEO, Edgility
- Greg Ross-Munro, CEO, Sourcetoad
- Jean Kneisler, vice president and CIO, Jabil
- Tech Company of the Year
- Digital Hands
- InSync Healthcare Solutions
- Tech Project of the Year
- Cope Notes
- Geographic Solutions
- Emerging Tech Company of the Year
- NIX United
Tampa Bay Wave’s TechWomen Rising 2020 Cohort
The TechWomen Rising 2020 cohort, which comprises 13 tech woman-led tech startups selected by Tampa Bay Wave, has just been announced. TechWomen Rising is a JP Morgan Chase-funded accelerator program that gives women founders the resources to succeed in a world where male founders tend to get more startup capital earlier in their startup journey.
The startups are:
- Goldn: The Family App
- IVF Options
- The Natural Nipple
- weRise Investments
Tampa Bay Inno: Tampa Bay startups are getting recognized on a national scale
Here’s Tampa Bay Inno’s roundup of startups here in “The Other Bay Area” who are making waves at the national level. You can read the full article, which I’ve summarized below.
Of the 18 companies presenting at Florida Venture Forum’s Early Stage Capital Conference, which took place on October 14th and 15th, four were from Tampa Bay: BlockSpaces, TSOLife, Wedzee, and Wherewithal (whom you might know by their original name, Fruutfull).
At the Venture Atlanta conference, which happens on October 21st and 22nd, seven Tampa Bay companies will participate. Immertec and Knack were chosen to participate in the early stage companies presentation, while Chattr, Global Safety Management, ProCredEx, SoleVenture and TSOLife will be presenting compnies.
RxLive is a special one for me, as I helped to shepherd it from concept to initial version during my time as Lead Product Manager at Sourcetoad. Best of luck to Mark and Kristen Engelen, RxLive’s co-founders!