One of the reasons I write for raywenderlich.com — the premier mobile developer tutorial site — is that they’re wonderful people to work with, because they’re such good people. And as good people, they’ve put together something to help developers during this time of pandemic and quarantine: RW Community Care. It’s a series of office hours, livestreams, bootcamps, and more, running until August 22 — and all events are 100% free!
Here’s what RW Community care offers…
Read iOS Apprentice for free!
I learned iOS programming back in 2012 by reading and doing the exercises in an earlier edition of iOS Apprentice, which was written by Matthijs Hollemans. While I’d done some mobile development as a Windows Phone Champ during my time as a developer evangelist at Microsoft, it was this book that set me on my path as a mobile developer.
I owe a lot to this book, which is why it was a big honor to co-author the eighth edition with Eli Ganim. For the summer, you can read it online for free at RW Community Care. Whether you’re completely new to programming or — like me, back in 2012, experienced at programming but new to iOS development — you should check out iOS Apprentice on RW Community Care!
RW Talks happen weekly, cover all sorts of topics that mobile developers will find interesting, ranging from the deeply technical to the inspiring. Upcoming talks include:
- Jul 8: Building UIs in Android using Jetpack Compose by Dean Djermanović
- Jul 15: Building Immersive AR Experiences with RealityKit
- Jul 29: Building SwiftUI Apps with Firebase by Peter Friese
You can also see past talks:
- How To Run A Remote Company by Ray Wenderlich
- The Future of Mobile: Android/iOS, Flutter, and Native by Kevin Moore, Kevin Galligan, Nishant Srivastava, and Joe Howard
- How To Build a SwiftUI Framework… and make it work with Swift Package Manager, Cocoapods, and Carthage! by David Okun
- Increase Your Product Quality Through Accessibility by Victoria Gonda
- Everything You (Never) Wanted to Know about Making Coffee at Home by Marin Benčević
- Writing Reliable Tests in iOS by Mani Ramezan
- MVVM Structure with Android Architecture Components by Evana Margain Puig
Can’t attend some of the other live events, or prefer to collaborate on discussions as a community? Or maybe you’re more the type to hash out challenges or problems with a group of like-minded developers? There’s a Discord server that you can join!
Review My Stuff
If you need someone to help you with deeper questions on your particular project, or to lend a critical eye to your resume or job search, you need Review My Stuff!