On Wednesday, November 11th, we’ll be hosting the Toronto-area WinMoDevCamp at Microsoft Canada’s headquarters! It’ll be the fifth in a series of worldwide “Camp” style workshops focusing on developing applications for Windows Mobile (including the upcoming Windows Mobile 6.5).
WinMoDevCamp – short for Windows Mobile Developer Camp – was inspired by events like BarCamp, SuperHappyDevHouse and the original iPhoneDevCamp. It’s a free-of-charge get-together where mobile developers, web developers, .NET developers, UI designers, testers, device manufacturers and Canadian mobile carriers gather, team up and work in ad-hoc mobile development projects for the day.
You’ll get to:
- Create new applications for the Windows Mobile Platform
- Meet and work side-by-side with people from the Microsoft Mobile Developer Experience team
- Migrate existing mobile apps from the iPhone, BlackBerry and Palm Pre to the Windows Mobile platform
- Create applications to support Windows Enterprise Applications
- Meet with representatives from Canadian mobile phone companies, including Bell, Rogers, Telus and WIND
- Test and optimize applications for Windows Mobile 6.5
The event is free-as-in-beer (in other words, it costs nothing to attend), and you’ll be able to sign up to attend soon – watch this space!
One reply on “WinMoDevCamp: Save the Date – November 11th!”
I have a strong interest in “WinMoDevCamp”