My friend Robert Nishimura’s looking for a Rails developer for his company, ClearFit, which is based in uptown Toronto. He sent me some details about the position he’s trying to fill; I’ve posted them below.
If you’ve got the skills and if the position sounds interesting to you, you should drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
ClearFit is changing the way small businesses hire. Most people know that ‘fit’ is the most desirable attribute for employees and employers — that intangible sense that can’t be found in a resume and is difficult to glean from a job interview. It’s a huge problem — employers spend billions every year on staffing in Canada alone.
Most small business owners don’t know where to even start when hiring a new employee. Ask around for referrals, “pay and pray” with a job board or deal with an avalanche of resumes from Craigslist?
We have built the system that some describe as “an eHarmony for jobs”. We have over 2500 registered employers and tens of thousands of registered career seekers which barely scratches the surface of a multi-billion dollar market. All this and we just completed our first round of investment so we are poised for stellar growth.
We are located in the Yonge/Eglinton neighbourhood, strategically situated between 3 Starbucks and 3 minutes from Bulldog Coffee. We’re also upstairs from Copacabana Brazilian BBQ.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience coding in Ruby on Rails
- Minimum 2 years experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience with Postgres SQL
- Experience with Ubuntu/Nginx
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Amazon EC2
- Experience integrating with other web apps
- Photoshop and front-end web development skillz
- iOS development experience
What ClearFit Offers
- Salary between $80K and $100K based on experience
- Snacks and drinks in our kitchen
- Wicked awesome coffee from our new Nespresso machine
- 15 days paid vacation per year
- Full group benefit plan which includes vision, dental
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, contact Robert Nishimura directly at email@example.com