Hey, Tampa Bay iOS developers — here’s your chance to shine! At the next Tampa iOS Meetup (Wednesday, November 18th at 7:00 p.m.), a monthly gathering run by me and my friend Angela, we’re having a “Swift Tips and Tricks” night, where we’ll take turns sharing tips an tricks that we’ve either discovered on our own or found through others while programming in Swift.
Have you ever wanted to present something at an iOS meetup, but it was on a topic or technique that could easily be covered in ten or even five minutes? Well, this meetup is your chance to be an iOS rock star, as short presentations is what it’s all about! Whether you’ve been building apps since the Objective-C days or picked up Swift a couple of weeks ago, you’ve got knowledge to share with your fellow developers, who in turn have knowledge to share with you! Join us for an evening of demos, information exchange, and that buzz that you get when you’re in a room of smart, interesting people, one of whom is you!
In order to help kick off the event, I’ll start by presenting some tips and tricks that I’ve picked up while working on my own apps, and I’m sure Angela will be doing the same. After that, it’s everyone else! We invite discussions and questions throughout the meetup, as it’s the best way to learn.
Here are the event details:
- What: Tampa iOS meetup, a new gathering in the area that complements the Suncoast iOS Meetup and Tampa Bay Cocoaheads, both worthwhile gatherings. We want to make sure that if you can’t make one local iOS event, there’ll always be another one in the near future!
- When: Wednesday, November 18th, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Energy Sense Finance, located at 3825 Henderson Blvd., Suite 300 (just west of South Dale Mabry)
- If you have a tip or trick that you’d like to present, let us know! Drop us a line in the comments section at the bottom of our Meetup page or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll provide a projector, and if you need one, a Mac to present on.
- We’ll have provide some snacks and drinks. No idea what they’ll be, but I’ll post details as I found out.