These headlines should be an indicator:
- The CEO of Okta asked his 3,500 employees to email him about where they’re going on vacation, to remind them about the importance of taking breaks
- Okta (OKTA) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
- Okta CEO says total addressable identity and access management market near $80B
- 1 Cybersecurity Stock With an $80 Billion Market Opportunity
I am a Senior Developer Advocate at Auth0, and there’s an opening on my team for the same position.
Here’s a quick description of the job:
As a Developer Advocate at Auth0, your job is to empower developers to innovate and secure their apps with Auth0. Developer advocates have two main focuses. The first is to educate developers about Auth0 and identity through speaking at events, creating live and recorded video content, writing, appearing on podcasts, and other creative mediums. The second is to serve the larger developer community by answering questions and listening to feedback on forums, GitHub, social media, and Slack and Discord servers. You’ll then take that information and share it with other marketing, engineering, and documentation teams at Auth0 to help improve our developer experience. These two objectives also include working on programs like Auth0 Apollo Program, Auth0 Ambassadors, and Avocado Labs, collaborating with engineering teams, working on open source libraries, and building internal tooling and reporting applications. For all of these tasks, you will measure your impact both quantitatively and qualitatively and adjust course as needed.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You find joy in serving the community and helping fellow developers get better at their jobs.
- You’re an educator at heart who loves teaching developers how to build amazing things.
- You’re comfortable taking complex topics and making them accessible to developers of different experience levels.
- You enjoy speaking in front of groups of developers at conferences and meetups.
- Writing excites you – part of teaching is developing content!
- You will be the first to try new APIs and products. You’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up to write code snippets and sample applications. Even better, you can articulate ways they can be improved to make all developers’ lives easier.
- You are a strong independent contributor, but you enjoy collaborating with teammates and multi-functional teams.
- You are comfortable learning multiple skills simultaneously and managing multiple projects at once.
- Your passion for technology inspires you to explore your curiosity; you love learning new things.
- You find a fast-paced, constantly iterative environment engaging and stimulating.
- You can write and speak proficiently in English.
- Up to 30% travel (once it’s safe to do so).
The position is a remote position, but since it will involve travel within the US and Canada, we’re looking for someone who lives in either of those countries.